Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Europe is the CONTINENT of love!

I was just looking through some entries I had on my computer and thought you might like to read about what I think about the PDA and Spanish couples here...some of it's eye-opening, but then again some of it's not. Hope you get a good laugh out of this. :)

Well, this is officially my first time writing in Spain! And boy, do I have a lot on my mind. For one thing, I am forgetting to speak and write in English. It's a good thing, though, because that means I am making the adjustment--and I am adjusting well after not having a Spanish class for almost 9 months! Pero, que puedo decir, esta en mi sangre y corazon!
Anyway, I will get to writing about my experiences specifically, but I just wanted to write about something that has been on my mind since I left: will I meet someone here or is love back in Jacksonville? I have decided that even though Paris is called the city of love, Europe is the continent of love! People who are in relationships really love to show affection here in public--and lots of it! You can tell when a guy and a girl are dating because they hold hands or an older couple is married because the lady holds onto her husband's arm. It's nice to see men be affectionate with their significant others and it changes my opinion of American guys. After seeing how Europeans (Spaniards) act with their girlfriends I think all the guys I know in America are jerks! But I'm kidding though... It's really just nice to know that chivalry is still alive. :)
However I don't know what I want. My heart feels like there is someone for me in Jacksonville, but it might be good for me to have a Spanish boyfriend... After how I've seen them act, I would love to be loved and cared for by a Spaniard. And did I mention that they are HOT?! Well, they are! :D And they are very stylish and fashion conscious...and you know me, I love a well-dressed man. Some of them look gay, but I have not seen them walking with other men...but who knows. At least most of them look that way or else I would just peg the stylish ones as gay. haha It's kinda funny though and makes me really aware of how poorly American guys dress.
The funniest thing I have seen people do in Sevilla er, Spain in general, is make-out--anywhere and everywhere! For example, as I was waiting to cross the street to get to our meeting place (el Cajasol) for orientation, I saw this guy lean over in the car and start making out with his girlfriend AS HE WAS MAKING A TURN! Like seriously, dude?! He made the turn perfectly --probably because he is a pro at doing that now--but did he really need to do that then and at 10:30 in the morning?! It was definitely an experience just watching that play out though. :)
That was just the beginning (and what I saw today definitely won't be the end) of those make-out sessions! I also saw people on the streets doing that and as I came down the steps outside my apt building tonight (Sat. 1-23, I think) there was a young guy and his girl practically laying all over the steps and kissing. Hopefully they got a room or something because they were not there when I got back, but in this love-crazy city who knows. haha
After some thought and talking to my roommate about things these past few weeks, I'm not really that open to getting a Spanish boyfriend right now. Yes, they're caring and sweet, but a lot of them don't have any money, they SMOKE (which I loathe) and have loose morals. BUT, if I can find a guy with a bright future, doesn't smoke and is a Christian....well, it was nice knowing you, my American friends! ;) I don't really know what will happen in these next three months...
I could tell you story upon story of all the gross PDAs I've seen here but that would take awhile. This is pretty much the gist of what I see on a daily basis...so be a LITTLE glad you're not here!

No comments:

Post a Comment