Thursday, March 4, 2010

Longing for familiar things...

Things I miss:
MILK!!!!!!! (both skim and CHOCOLATE)
Eggs and Sausage
BAGELS!!!!!!!!!!!
Mexican food (as in Chipotle...)
My buckwheat husk pillow that is amazingly wonderful to sleep on!
Dinner at a decent time in the afternoon/evening
A smaller school and one that actually looks nice
Stores staying open past 9pm.
Walking to class/living close to your classes
PEANUT BUTTER (a small jar is like $4-5 here!)
Morning classes (I know I'm crazy to say that...haha)
Hanging out with friends in public places/apts instead of at bars!
FRESH, CLEAN AIR most places I go
Taking American money out of ATMs
My friends and family of course!!!!! :)
Peace and quiet
UNSALTED FOOD! :(
Driving a car/carpooling with people!

Things I DON'T MISS:
Whiny closed-minded Americans :P
Speaking English everywhere I go
Being informed everyday of how much the gov't is screwing things up yet again
Staying in touch with American pop culture--aka what the celebs are doing
Life before Nutella with breakfast
TV (except for one certain show in particular)
Dressing informally (Dressing up is fun and makes you feel more confident during the day!)
Living at school and eating on campus :)
Getting hit on by creepy guys and black guys during the day (it only happens to me occasionally at night here)


...well, that's all I can think of right now. There's probably one thing I'm missing on both lists...but you tell me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment